Sunriver Real Estate Sales Show Growth For 2010

by Sunriver Homes on January 6, 2011

Good news for Sunriver real estate sales. 2010 marked an 17% increase in sales over 2009 according to data obtained from the Central Oregon Association of Realtors MLS service. 2009 saw a total 109 property sales, while 2010 total property sales increased to 132. Sales include all single family homes, condos, town-homes, bare land, and fractional sales.

What should we expect with Sunriver real estate in the new 2011 real estate year? First, it’s important to note that recreational properties nationwide are seeing new signs of activity and growth. One lead indicator of ski resort property data is Colorado. Recent statistics show that the Colorado vacation home market is seeing a turnaround. In addition, the beginning of 2010 was already seeing a national trend towards a turnaround in the 2nd/vacation home market as reported by the National Association of Realtors.

There are a number of factors that are positives for the Sunriver real estate market which includes the ongoing Village Mall renovations, the newly redesigned Ice Skating Rink, the 97 Highway expansion, the soon to be built Sunriver Aquatics Center which will feature a lazy river and water slides, as well as the attractive financing rates currently available for 2nd homes and vacation rentals. If you’ve been sitting on the fence, I would highly encourage you to begin doing some serious looking while our inventory affords you a nice selection of homes.

Unlike a traditional home, a 2nd/vacation home allows you the ability to rent it out nightly, to help offset the costs of ownership. With all the aforementioned changes going on in Sunriver, those Sunriver improvements are only going to attract more vacationers to the area which means a higher rental income for those of you who are looking for rental income on your vacation home. If you’d like a customized list of some of Sunrivers best hidden gems that are currently for sale, send me an email and I’ll provide you my recommendations.

Be Sociable, Share!

{ 6 comments }

EMT January 19, 2011 at 5:57 pm

this post is very usefull thx!

Katie January 23, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Tarris,

Great article! As a very satisified recent client of yours, I enjoy reading your information on the Sunriver market and all of the things that will make my new vacation home that much more of a destination with potential renters…Makes me feel even more proud and confident in our purchase of our new Sunriver vacation home!
Thanks
Katie

Sunriver Homes January 23, 2011 at 10:10 pm

Thank you so much Katie, I really appreciate your support. I was so happy to help you and your family with the purchase of your beautiful Sunriver vacation home! It really was one of the best we looked at, and awesome location. I’m glad the info has been helpful and I feel very positive about the great things that have been completed or will be completed within Sunriver that will keep it one of the best destination resort areas in the entire Pacific Northwest.

Jane December 18, 2011 at 7:27 am

I’m so glad that the internet allows free info like this!

lloyd irvin June 4, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Hello are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to
get started and set up my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog?
Any help would be really appreciated!

Sunriver Homes October 10, 2013 at 7:14 am

Hi Lloyd,
Yes I use wordpress for my blog platform. I don’t think I’ll ever learn it all but I’m able to find enough online resources to get by. I have paid a few experts to tweek things for me from time to time. Thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: